Canvas guidance Step 1: Formulate concrete How-question
The Kubernetik begins with an important question for you, to which you want to have answers in the end. And as it is called so beautifully,
“If you ask the right questions, you will get the right answers sooner or later”. Who has a problem should therefore ask the right questions to illuminate the problem. According to Einstein:If I have an hour to solve a problem, then I will deal with the problem for 55 minutes and the solution for 5 minutes. Albert Einstein
Why?If I don’t know what I want, I literally won’t get there. If you want to go to Paris by car and enter this in your navigation system, you will reach your destination under normal circumstances. Yes, he may even make detours. If I know the destination and have set off, I may sometimes take my time or take advantage of the beauties and opportunities along the way. Even adversities and wrong ways do not permanently put me on the wrong track. As long as the navigation system has been asked the right question, i.e. the goal “how can I get to Paris?
Take awayIf you should forget everything in this book and only remember one thing, then you should always try to find the right question in life. The right answers take time and come sooner or later, depending on the methodology used and the situation.
The “good” questionIn Kubernetiks, “asking the right question” is the first and most important step. Even if you stop here after you have found a good question for yourself, pause and don’t work on it for the time being, you may have already set out on the path of enlightenment to find your answers. If you allow it, certain people, unknown methods, new experiences will help you. Have you already thought about an important question? For example about your happiness, your business, your health, your world hunger? Then you could theoretically also ask yourself the question, “Is Kubernetik the right method for this my question?
Practice askingIf you don’t yet know and have practiced the Kubernetik, then you may now set out to find out whether the Kubernetik is your thing and you learn to ask better and better questions for your life. The further and more intensive you go, the more clarity you will get about whether and when or for which of your questions Kubernetik is the method of your choice.
start immediatelySince the “good” question is so important for the following Kubernetik steps, caution is also required. The perfectionist may run the risk of over-engineering here. To take it too seriously, to spend too much time, to despair. But not to continue would be counterproductive. You should distance yourself from the fear of having to ask the question perfectly in order not to waste any time. It is better to start with a question that is not yet optimal and to practice Kubernetik than to find the perfect question. I.e. the “good question” is the one you immediately start to learn from practice. It is in the nature of the concept of Kubernetik that it automatically corrects when you walk it. Trust that every step you take is the one you must take. Then you’ll end up with your goal, too.
Rules for questionsJust as the drunk needs the lantern post to keep his feet on the ground, so many a person needs some support when asking the right question. Here are some rules you can follow:
- Start best with a “how” question: Of course you can also ask “who”, “what”, “why”, “through”, “why”, “with”, “wo-“, “for what”, “where”, “from”, “where”, “where”, etc. The advantage of the “how” question, however, is that it is directed towards the future. A why-question may not demand any action from you, but it can at least help you to explain. E.g. “Why did the 2nd World War break out?
- Formulate a whole question sentence with noun and verb and question mark, so that other people would understand it, too, if they read it. Best with a maximum of one subordinate clause. Avoid many nested sentences!
- Only one question in the sentence, no multiple questions. For each question a separate Kubernetik, never mix! Negative example: “How does climate change develop and how can it be stopped” are two questions.
- Pose a question to me if you want to solve or understand something for yourself. Example: “How can I improve my happiness in life? Of course, a topic question is also possible, but of course then you don’t need a 2nd answer sentence, what you should do now. If, for example, you ask the question “How does photosynthesis work?” or “What were the effects of the 2006 Football World Cup? You don’t have a personal task to solve, but of course it helps you to understand the facts.
- The more concrete the question, the better: Example: “What positive effects did the 2006 World Cup have on German society?
Next 2nd stepIn the next 2. step [2. influence magnitudes brainstorm > Kuebernetik] you will brainstorm the influence magnitudes concerning the question.